Saturday, February 18, 2012

David Jones: Culture and Artifice --Conference Information

All the important information about the upcoming conference on David Jones:Culture and Artifice is now available online at http://www.wauhonorsprogram.org/davidjones2012.html. The conference, to be held at Washington Adventist Uniiversity March 29-30, will include an art exhibit, academic papers and discussions, a poetry reading, and the North American premiere of the film "David Jones between the Wars: The Years of Achievement" a new feature length documentary by Derek Shiel and Adam Alive.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Kathy
    I am a late appreciator of the art of David Jones; I wonder if you know of any recordings that are available of his reading his work. I think I read somewhere that he recorded part of The Sleeping Lord.
    thanks very much
    chuck.godwin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he recorded "The Sleeping Lord" and also some other poems. Check out a series called "The Poet Speaks" put out by Caedmon. I think you'll turn up whatever is still readily available commercially.

      Delete
  2. Hi. I'm an MA Student in UK working on Jones' Chester Play of the Deluge illustrations for my disertation. I was trying to find out how to join the David Jones Society - but the web link takes me to strange places. Can you help?

    By the way - for Chuck - There is an archive recording of Richard Burton reading In Parenthesis in the British Library. A tape, I believe, though I haven't heard it someone should revive it!

    ReplyDelete